How it works: Climbing Buddies | Climbing Kakis category
Climbing Buddies: Team of 2 Format. All participants must be aged 13 and above.
Climbing Kakis: Team of 3 Format | Fun Climb. At least 2 participants must be aged 13 and above.
As a Team of 2 or 3, aim to complete a total of 42.195 routes in 3 hours across two locations
• Start at Climb Central Sports Hub and end at Climb Central Funan OR start at Climb Central Funan and end at Climb Central Sports Hub
• As a Team, complete 42.195 climbing routes: 21 routes on high wall (Top Rope/ Auto-belay) at each location, and 1 Buddy Boulder Route (0.195) at end location.
• Out of the 42 high-wall routes, 10 routes must be of climbing grade 3-PIE grade and above (according to Climb Central's grading system)
• Only two out of three Climbing Kakis team members will need to complete the boulder buddy route.
• A transportation card will be provided for each participant to travel between the two locations
How to win
• Fastest 3 teams in each category walk away with prizes
• Teams will only be eligible to win the prizes if the commute between Climb Central Sports Hub and Climb Central Funan during the session is via public transportation only (i.e. Only taking of MRT & walking/jogging/running) is allowed.
• All members of winning teams must be present during Prize Presentation on 10 November 2019, 5.30pm at Climb Central Funan to claim their respective prizes
• If members of the winning teams are absent, prizes will be forfeited
On the event day
Registration and briefing
• Registration and briefing starts 1 hour before your climbing session (Session 1,2,3 and 4)
• All team members must be present for registration and briefing.
• If it is your first time visiting Climb Central, you will need to complete an indemnity form and attend a safety briefing to get orientated to the facility.
• When the event starts, choose a route that you would like to try
• Teams must move together, queue together, and belay each other.
• When it is your turn to climb, start climbing within 60 seconds or forfeit your turn
• A climb starts when your feet leaves the ground and you have a maximum of 5 minutes to complete a route.
• The climb is considered completed when you have 2 hands touch the last handhold of the intended route.
• Upon completing the route, fill in the scorecard that will be provided to you on event day.
• Within your team, no repetition of climbs is allowed (eg. If Climber 1 climbs one route, Climber 2 cannot climb that same route again)
• At the end of 42 routes, proceed to the boulder area at your end location to attempt the Buddy Boulder Route (0.195).
• After completion of the Buddy Boulder, submit your score card to the timekeeper at the Finisher Booth.
• Your climbing time is recorded based on time of submission to the time keeper at the Finisher Booth.
• Climbing Buddies teams that submit their completed scorecard within the climbing time will receive an exclusive Climb-A-Ton finisher tee!
• All Teams must move and queue together as a team (eg. If Climber 1 is climbing a route on lane T20, all other members are to be present at T20: either belaying or resting)
• If you are queuing up but not all members of the team are present, the next full team behind you has the right to join the queue ahead of you
• If there is a queue for the lane, each climber in the team gets one attempt and will have to let the next person in line climb (max of 1 route per climbing turn. You can do a second route if there’s no one in line)
• A climber will be asked to terminate his/her climb and be lowered when climber
• rests/falls on his/her climbing rope
• uses a climbing hold other than his/her indicated route to climb
• uses T-Nut hole on the panels
• pulls on a quickdraw/hanger
• uses artificial aid/equipment to climb the wall
• All participants must use Climb Central's ground belay system. No use of personal belay devices are allowed
• Children under 13 participating in the Climbing Kakis category are not allowed to belay and must be actively
supervised while in the climbing area
• Regular facility rules apply
• The organiser reserves the right to amend the rules and regulations prior to the event